5/20/09

Robin Schwartz




"Amelia's World: Imaginary Tales

The Amelia's World series evolves with my daughter’s maturing personality and aptitude. Amelia is an active contributor in my personal quest for scenarios with distinct colors and carefully sought after light. My light and color palette are integral to my photographs and have been inspired by specific paintings by Velazquez, DaVinci, Raphael, Bastien-Lepage and Whistler, as well as images from the Pre-Raphaelite and Medieval periods.
An artist photographing her child can invite ridicule, but GETTING PERSONAL WITH MY PROJECTS HAS ALWAYS BEEN MY NEED, MY EDGE. Motherhood is fundamental, adding a new perspective and dimension to my life and work.

Amelia is my priority, my muse, my co-conspirator, my tormentor and my bliss. Collaborating with Amelia, I am able to go to any place in time."

This is sincerely SO beautiful. I love how he does not "uses" but "works with" his daughter, and the photographs are the product of both of their fantasies. The animals in all the pictures are not either re-touched or shopped which is pretty amazing considering the fact that he has not only worked with cats and dogs. His daughter..............simply adorable, with such a melancholic yet innocent and sparkly kind of look in her face. No wonder why he loves to photograph her. And I could go on about how awesome I think his photographs are, but I rather let his work talk by itself:


1 comment:

  1. those monkey portraits makes me wanna cry. too cute !

    ReplyDelete

DEAR DEARS

THE JOURNEY

HOLY OTHERS