2/28/14

CSM MA 14: CONTEMPORARY BIZARRITIES.


1. Jessica Mort Fall.
2. Drew Henry.

VFILES, HBA, Prabal Gurung, The Row, MARNI!!!, Jacquemus!!!, Tom Ford, Simone Rocha, Prada, Emilio Pucci....and although PFW just started and is still going on, these are the names I'll put my hands in the fire for this fashion month. The rest can burn. Not literally but you know what I mean.

The fashion weeks just passed us by and I snoozed throughout the whole thing. I never thought I would become the kind of person that could feel so bored with a 95% of collections throughout a whole fashion month but maybe fashion is moving on and the bitch dumped me far behind. Thank god Nicolas Ghesquiere is still to make his debut at Louis Vuitton aka probably what we all need. The king was gone for far too long and no one knew what to "reference" anymore lol. any which way I know he will shake things up for good or for good. Orelse I can always expect Phoebe to knock me off my chair as usual.

But now you must think, why is he taking such a big dump on the fashions but then praising and entirely selection of wooly army green outfits with goat fur skins hanging out their pockets? well maybe I DID lose it and it's starting to show, but I love it this way. I rather act like a sour looney for a season than be part of a world where everyone goes nuts over Mcdonalds inspired ready to wear.

Let's more talk Central Saint Martins' MA class of 2014. Out of eleven collections, I had three favorites including one of the L'oreal prize winners, Michael Power, but these two right here just really called my name out. I love how both of them read as uniforms but within the constant flow of military or rugby aesthetics they both evolve into contemporary bizarrities.

1 comment:

DEAR DEARS

HOLY OTHERS