6/15/14

ULTRAVIOLENCE.






This is what I wore to the ArtEZ shows last week. It was one of those times you try your whole wardrobe on, make freaky combos but still end up wearing that one banging favorite outfit, that always-cool comfort zone outfit which never disappoints. So this is what my comfort zone looks like: slick, black, leathery and silver shimmery.

EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT I'M A MESS, I'M CRAZY
EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT I'M THE BEST, I'M CRAZY

Lana del Rey's new album ULTRAVILENCE is honestly her most honest and best album this far. From song one ("Cruel World", kills me) I felt like I could relate to every word that dropped.

I love how she talks about heroes, and not idols. At the end of the day she's probably her biggest and only idol, the girl she always wanted to become. Nowadays this is something we could all learn from: to stop following, scrolling, soaking up in what might seem someonelse's paradise-like world and start building a paradise of our own; become exactly who we want to be, our heroes. Love ourselves shamelessly and unconditionally. This new dark narco-swing sound of hers and spacey slow jams talk sometimes about love memoirs but also a romanticized disappointment on youth, fame and the media. But all in all she makes up to the small percentage of negativism by stating more than once that she rather ride with the wild, fiery spirits and love unconditionally in obsessive ways or simply just die.

The Guardian has quite a lovely piece out now about her Ultraviolent new state of mind in a sort of interview format. Don't miss it!

I WANT MONEY, I WANT POWER, I WANT GLORY
I WANT MONEY AND ALL YOUR POWER, ALL YOUR GLORY

No comments:

Post a Comment

DEAR DEARS

THE JOURNEY

HOLY OTHERS