9/4/14

POLLY MORGAN: FLOATING SNAKES.


From left to right: 

1. Depression In A Surface.
2. Some Sad Story.
3.Standing In Circles.

I think Polly Morgan's work might be causing me some serious writer's block at the moment. The kind when you like something so much you don't know how to express yourself about it. Her sculptural taxidermy does not only flirt with life and death but it also adds a little bit of sinister fantasy to the mix. The fact that all her snakes have this floating aspect gives my imagination Carte Blanche for a thousand stories that could be told. And although her work goes up to even bigger scales and heavier visual aspects, these flying reptiles remain my favorites. I mean, wouldn't they make gorgeous center pieces on our dining room tables?! coffee tables? or even bedside tables?? either way I want them, and need them in my home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

DEAR DEARS

THE JOURNEY

HOLY OTHERS